ROBERT BRADFORD & his recycled toy sculptures


He is from London and says he wanted to become an artist from a very young age. He did his B.A, in painting at Ravensbourne College of Art and M.A in Film at the Royal College of Art, London.

He explains his inspiration for creating these plastic 3-D sculptures with these words;
"One day about four years ago out in the studio I was looking into my childrens box of outgrown / discarded toys which happened to be stored in the same building and responded to the random collection of colours shapes and forms they made. I figured that if I could find a way of putting them together to constitute a larger form they would have great potential as larger scale sculpture. "

He creates these sculptures with discarded plastic items, mainly toys but also other colorful plastic pieces.

Some of the sculptures contain pieces from up to 3000 toys. If you would like to own one, they cost around US$19.000.

I dont know you guys but I would like to have 1!!:)  Especially I would like to get the dog,well surely only if I could afford it now,who knows maybe in the future :))) 

Enjoy,








No comments:

Post a Comment